Columbus McKinnon electric wire rope winches offer variable and always innovative solutions for efficient lifting, pulling and positioning of loads. The designs and options of our electric winches are as versatile as their areas of application. They have proven themselves in industry, trade, stage technology and also under extreme climatic conditions such as offshore.
We always keep an eye on market developments and design and implement the electric winches according to individual customer requirements. In addition to our innovative product portfolio, we also impress with our services, advice and customer proximity. This guarantees that we will continue to be synonymous with lifting, pulling and moving worldwide in the future with the brands Pfaff-silberblau, Stahl CraneSystems and Yale.
Our electric winches:
Videos about our electric wire rope winches
What to consider when buying an electric winch?
Questions about determining the appropriate electric wire rope winch:
- Design: as hoisting winch, shifting winch or towing winch
- Accident prevention regulations: What regulations or requirements does the winch have to meet? BGV D8 (winches, lifting and towing equipment) BGV C1 (stages and studios)
- Lifting / pulling force: What loads need to be moved or lifted?
- Lifting height / rope length: What kind of lifting height or rope lengths are required, are several ropes per drum necessary?
- Multi-layer winding: Only one rope layer or several possible ?
- Operating voltage: 3 x 230 V or 400 V - 50 Hz or special voltage?
- Protection: Standard is IP55, is a higher degree of protection required?
- Ambient temperature: Standard, -20 °C to +40 °C, is this temperature undershot or exceeded?
- Lifting speed: What lifting speed in m/min is required?
- Control: How should the control be carried out? Depending on the electric winch, there are various options such as control bulb, wall switch, radio remote control and much more. Available.
- Accessories: Our winches can be equipped with a variety of accessories, e.g. stroke cut-off (via limit switch, rope pressure roller or slack rope switch), hook, pulley or roller blocks
Electric winches FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
What is the advantage of electric wire rope winches compared to an electric chain hoist?
Electric wire rope winches can be used both for pulling loads horizontally (pulling winches) and for lifting loads (hoist winches). They can overcome large lifting heights, move high loads and (up to 160 tons) and, thanks to their flexibility and extensive range of accessories, can also be used in installation situations that can only be realized by means of deflection or pulleys. Thanks to their high level of safety and smooth running, electric wire rope winches are also often used in stage technology.
What is the advantage of a grooved drum?
With a grooved rope drum, the steel wire rope can be wound more efficiently and with less wear, which increases the service life of the steel rope. Whether or not to use a grooved rope drum must be decided on a case-by-case basis. Our competent staff will be happy to advise you!
Which electric winch is allowed for people to stay under the load?
According to the employers' liability insurance association, a distinction is made between three scenarios:
- No person may be under the load - DGUV regulation 54
- People are allowed to stay under the load - BGV D8 PLUS
- Persons may be under the load and during operation of the electric winch - DGUV V17/18
For all three scenarios, we have corresponding electric winches in our program.
The BETA EL electric wire rope winch with DGUV V17/18 approval lifts and positions equipment and decorations precisely in retail, industry and public spaces.
In theatres, the BETA DGUV V17/18 electric winch is used alongside the tried-and-tested DELTA theatre winch .
The BETA EL DGUV V17/18 electric winch is also available in the BGV D8 PLUS version for positioning static elements.