Description: This creation is symbolic of ancient civilization. Medium: Mahogany Granite from South Dakota Dimensions 16'Tall 17' wide, approximately 90 tons.
In 1880, before Roseville became a city, there was a man by the name of Macintyre who carved headstones and repaired wagons. He received his granite by rail from the historical Griffith granite quarry in Penryn, CA. Macintyre retired in 1921 when Billy Deshay took over. No longer repairing wagons, Deshay continued to carve headstones until 1953. Charles Lutz who became the third owner came from a long line of stone carvers. He continued producing monuments until 1985.